Monday 11 June 2012

Obbattu- konkani style puran poli

This is one of my favorite sweet. My mother use to prepare this for my summer holidays. I have seen some people who are experts in making these. I think a lot of patience and experience is required to get the perfect texture of this. I tried this for the first time, it tasted heavenly. Though I know I can improve a lot. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
Chana dal 1 cup
Jaggery 1 cup
Cardamom 1 tea spn
Maida/Plain flour 1 and 1/2 cups
Turmeric a pinch
Wheat sooji(rava) (optional) 2 tea spns
Oil 1 tea spn
Salt a pinch

Method:
Cook Chana dal in pressure cooker. Drain all the water.
Cook dal mixed with jaggery for 10min. Grind without using water. Add cardamom and mix well with hand to get a smooth mixture. Mix flour/maida with sooji(optional), turmeric, salt. Add water,oil and make a dough. Cover and keep aside for 1hr. Take a ball of dough and spread with hand. Keep a ball of chana mixture and cover with the dough and seal the ends. Apply oil to a plastic paper, keep the ready ball on it and roll it like chapathi (The plastic and oil prevents it from sticking). Fry on hot tava till it gets golden brown color.
Serve hot/cold with ghee.

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 45min

Tip: Please make sure you have patience and time before trying it. If you make them in hurry, you might completely spoil them. Use rava and flour in 1:1 proportion to make the outer wrap very soft.

I hope readers of my blog enjoy making this recipe, if any question you can drop me a line. I would be happy to help.

If you enjoyed the article please consider sharing it. Thanks.

www.thboxes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment