Friday 2 February 2018

Vermicelli Dosa


I am really found of dosa, seeing the cloudy weather of today felt like having a dosa, however I didn’t have any dosa batter left in my refrigerator.
I opened my kitchen cupboard first ingredient i saw was a big packet of vermicelli, first thing popped up in mind was upma,
 but for some reason I was in no mood to eat upma and wanted to have my dosa. Suddenly this idea of fusing vermicelli into an instant dosa twinkled in my mind.
Though I was little apprehensive to start with, this vermicelli dosa came out very well and tasted even better than the regular dosa.
It looked very tempting as well. Keeping health and taste both in mind i have come up with my version of Vermicelli dosa.

Ingredients:
Roasted Vermicelli  - 1/2 Cup
Sooji/Semolina -  1 Tbsp
Wheat flour - 1/2 Cup
Oats flour - 1/2 cup
Curd | Yogurt - 1/4 Cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1/2 (Finely chopped)
Grated coconut- 2 tsp

Method:
1. In a pan add roasted vermicelli and 1/2 cup of water let it cook for 5 -6 mins on medium heat. Cover it and leave it still you assemble rest of the ingredients.
2. Take a mixing bowl and add all the above listed ingredients along with about 3/4 Cup of water. Mix thoroughly and bring it to Uttapam batter consistency.
Optionally, you can let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
3. Now add the vermicelli to the above batter. Mix well.
4. Now heat a tawa, pour a laddle full of batter on the hot tawa and spread the batter evenly. Sprinkle few drops of oil to the corners of the dosa.
 Turn the flame to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes or till the dosa turns golden brown at the edges. Flip the dosa and cook for 1 minute.
 Turn off the flame and transfer to serving plate.
5.Enjoy hot with sambar / chutney.



If you enjoyed reading this article please consider sharing it. Thank you.
www.facebook.com/yuvikaskitchen/
Happy Cooking

www.thboxes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment